Had a chance to see the Hobbit last week. Wasn't too happy about it costing $18.50 for a ticket, but guess that's the price you pay for IMAX 3d. Didn't get to see the 48 frames per second version, but that may not be such a bad thing. Overall enjoyed the film, some of the action scenes felt a little bit too cartooney and were heavily reliant on CG, but for the most part the movie did live up to my expectations and look forward to it's sequels.
At the recommendation of someone who does business with the office I work for, as well as being someone I consider a friend I picked up the game Farcry 3 for XBox 360. The reviewers as well as this friend say the best way to describe the game is Skyrim with guns. While Skyrim is a bit heavier with it's RPGness,(is that even a word lol) the analogy is pretty dead on. If you like open world RPG's and first person shooters, this ones a must have.
Where's my HBO? I went to continue watching Game of Thrones season 2 this week only to get the message that I am no longer subscribed to this package. Turns out my girlfriend, who I live with was up one night going through the channels and came upon some adult content on HBO, she was afraid her son who is a teenager might stumble upon this content so decided to cut the cord. Now I have to wait until they make the series available in Feb of 2013, or get my pirate happy friend to get me a copy. Oh well I guess I could wait, probably not worth getting anyone including myself into any trouble, but what's with the year wait from HBO? Allot of other networks make their content available a day later for us to buy and I don't mind paying for content I enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment