Thursday, July 24, 2014

Destiny and Strife









Intro Talk


PC Update - Still having that noise issue but as of yet did not take in to be looked at. Microcenter is about 20+ miles away and been kind of busy. Anyway other than the noise the computer is running so for now your stuck with me still putting these out.


Gaming Talk 


Strife - This game fall under the category of MOBA which stands for multiplayer online battle arena, games like this include League of Legends and DOTA 2. Strife plays like the games I just mentioned as it has the typical three lanes and towers that must be taken out, although the map is slightly smaller. I've been enjoying this one allot more lately as it's style is more suited to the casual player and they do more things to alleviate you own teammates turning on you. Last hitting isn't really an issue in this one where as in the other games gold was only awarded to the teammate who got the last hit on an enemy this one lets even a player in a support role such as healer share in the reward. Currently the game is in closed beta on the pc but do a google search for the game Strife sign up for the beta, I received my invite withing a couple of days and even in this beta build I like it more than League of Legends at the very least.



                                                   

Destiny Beta - About a month ago I had a chance to play the Alpha version of Bungies upcoming shooter Destiny on the PS4, well this past weekend I was given a key to play the beta version and I put quite a number of hours into it. Initially with the Alpaha version I wasn't terribly impressed, certainly not enough to pre-order the game, but this current build is very strongly pushing in me in that direction. One of the key differences is actual story has been added in between missions, this may sound like a minor thing but having a reason to actually go shoot things rather than doing so mindlessly makes a big difference. Graphically I can't complain, the game looks and runs really well also, and I don't know if it's just me but seem like it loads a bit better in this current build.

      During my time playing I had a chance to do just about everything you can within the beta, I did all of the mission including the dungeon like map where you team up with other players to take on boss fights. The mission was allot of fun and hectic, I played with a friend and some random player and it took us multiple attempts to take town a mini-boss walking tank as we came close several times only to have us all die before being able to re-spawn. When this boss did fall and we found out we still had more in this mission to go we were like "Holy Crap" if this was just a mini-boss what is the final guy going to be like? Turns out the final boss wasn't as difficult though we did almost all wipe one time but I was able to spawn with half a second to go. In addition to all the story missions I also played a few rounds of the Player vs player maps, but only one game type was available in this version and it features players trying to capture and hold three positions. This is not exactly my favorite game type in these shooters I would much rather prefer capture the flag or just good old fashioned team death match, but my preferences aside the mode played well enough and those other game types will more than likely be included in the final release. 

     In closing playing these few hours with this build has certainly swayed my decision and I can really see myself buying this game day one when it is released, which I believe is in September. Lord knows my PS4 library could certainly use the boost, other than free Indie games and Battlefield 4 I really don't have much to play on this system and hopefully that will all change within the next few months.                      

                                                     



Movies Talk


     Few things opening this week, we have Hercules coming out starring "The Rock". I'm slightly curious but not sure if I'll go see it or not. The trailer looks cool enough, but unless they change things up a bit it's kind of redundant. How many times do we need to see the same Hercules story?   

                                               

     Another interesting movie out this week is Lucy and stars Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman and is being done by Luc Besson who brought us The Professional and The Fifth Element. In this movie Johansson plays Lucy who from the description I read turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic, in other words she gets some kind of power that makes her totally bad ass and leads to lots of violence.


                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment