Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Scary Dolls & Rehashed Games








Intro


     B talks about his trip to Carvel. When the hell did the price of flying saucers go up to $8.99 or am I just getting to be that guy? As a result he went to Dunkin Donuts and found a real tasty treat.


Movie Talk


The Conjuring:

     Bought this movie off the Google Play store at the recommendation of a gentleman who frequents the office I work at. He's really into horror movies and if he says one is worth seeing I trust his judgment enough to make the purchase.

     I was not disappointed, I don't scare easily when it comes to horror flicks, most are just cheap thrills and unnecessary violence, but this one hits all the right feelings at just the right times. Besides what is more creepier than ugly looking dolls that leave love letters? The Conjuring is "based on a true story" of a family that moves into a house that is cursed and has an evil spirit that latches onto the family causing chaos. With nowhere else to turn the family enlists the help of The Warrens, a famous couple known for handling situations like these.                                     


Tv Talk


Teen Wolf (MTV)

     Recently got back into this show and am really enjoying it. I probably talked about it a while back but just to recap this is nothing like the movie from the 80's(which I actually enjoyed as a kid). This show has a far more darker tone, with the occasional humor thrown in. I just finished season three the other day for instance and within the last two episodes a main character was brutally murdered, and a bunch of innocent people at a hospital were murdered by Samurai spirit looking things. 

                                                   


Video Games Talk



Rogue Legacy(PS4/Vita)

      Now this game has been out for a while on the pc, I myself bought a copy during last years Steam 2013 Summer sale, but now this game is available on PS4/Vits/PS3, and it's a cross buy title. Cross buy means if you buy it for one of these systems you get it for all. I own both a PS4 and a Vita so for the price of one I now have it available on both systems and this the type of game that plays well as both a quick portable title or as something you can spend hours in front of a tv playing.

     Rogue Legacy is what they call a Rogue Lite title, now Rogue likes are games where when you die death is permanent and you have to start over, but in this Rogue Lite death is permanent but you come back as a decendent and each time a bit more powerful through upgrades you can purchase. The game plays similar to titles like Castlevania and is a 2D plat-former with many ways to die. Even when you die countless times though, there is still lots of joy coming back and trying to get just a bit further. In addition every time you come back the castle has a different layout so this adds to the replay as well. 


                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment